While there is no denying the health benefits of certain fruits and vegetables, that doesn’t mean juicing alone can cure all your ills. Sipping a tall glass of carrot juice after inhaling the new Taco Bell breakfast waffle isn’t going to be all the beneficial, so it’s important to look at the juicing trend from the right perspective. It’s best to include juicing as part of a regular diet and exercise routine for maximum results. Like most health trends, juicing has its pros and cons.
• If you don’t have time have the proper amount of fruits and veggies throughout your day, juicing is an excellent way to get your RDA.
• You get more of the nutrient-dense part of fruits and vegetables when consumed in juice form.
• The nutrients in certain fruits and vegetables have been shown to reduce the odds of certain cancers and conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease.
• There are some really great juice blends you can have as a step up from plain juice, including some fruit and veggie combos.
• The FDA warns juicing may lead to food-borne illnesses due to the lack of pasteurization that protects packaged juices. As a safety precaution, wash any fruits and vegetables prior to tossing them in the juicer and only make enough for a glass or two at a time.
• Juicing removes the fiber from the fruits and some of the veggies used to make these juices, causing your body to absorb fructose sugars faster. This may result in spiked blood sugar levels.
• If you use fruit or mixed fruit and vegetable juicing as your only source of food, you’re going to miss out on proteins and other nutrients you can’t get from fruits and veggies alone.
• You don’t get the same feeling of being “full” as you do from a solid meal. If all you drink is juice, you’re going to feel hungry sooner and be tempted to cheat.
Incorporating Reboot into your daily routine can increase the benefits you’re likely to receive from juicing. Unfortunately, the antioxidants and other beneficial phytonutrients found in juices break down soon after being exposed to air and light. Reboot, with many of the same nutrients, is sealed in a package to maintain the overall nutritional value. Reboot, a blend of seven antioxidant-rich super plant and fruit extracts, also supplements some of the nutrients you may be missing from your juicing selections.